*Due to the high volume of email during this busy season we appreciate your patience as we continue to answer emails as quickly as possible. Please allow us 72 business hours to respond. Thank you all for your patience.
LLC students may only live with another student who has accepted an invitation into the same community in the designated floor/wing of the assigned residence hall. For 2016-2017 the LLCs will be located in:
- Art (Amherst Hall)
- Business (Franklin 2nd)
- Honors ( Carroll, Dickenson, Essex, Brunswick)
- Environment and Sustainability (2nd Floor)
- Outdoor Adventure (2nd Floor)
- Mindful Living (3rd Floor)
- Leadership and Community Engagement (4th Floor)
- Engineering and Computing (2nd Floor)
- Students may request a roommate from the same LLC. If students request each other as roommates (either on their housing applications or by email LLC@gmu.edu) prior to housing assignment notification, the request will be honored. Preferences may not be able to be honored depending on availability or other factors.
- Read and agree to the terms of the Housing Contract
Housing accommodations are available for students whose medical related conditions or disabilities substantially limit their housing needs. However, to be considered for such special housing, they must submit a completed Special Housing Request Form and necessary documentation to the Special Housing Request Committee within Disability Services by May 1st. Please know that submitting a Special Housing Request Form does not automatically guarantee a space in University housing.
Withdrawing from a Community
Participating in a living learning community includes a student’s academic status and enrollment as well as their housing assignment and contract. Should a student choose to leave the community for any reason, the following actions (listed below) may occur.
Prior to housing assignment notification, they will:
- Be withdrawn from the course
- Be moved into general Freshman housing and efforts will be made to accommodate roommate and room size requests, however preferences may not be able to be honored depending on availability or other factors.
After housing assignment notification and prior to moving into the community, they will be:
- Be moved into general Freshman housing if space is available or, if space is not available, moved to the Freshman housing waitlist.
After they have moved into the community and/or they do not wish to continue into the Spring Semester, they will be:
- Be withdrawn from the course (if before the drop/add date)
- Meet with the Resident Director of their residence hall and a representative from Living Learning Development and complete the required forms, before any changes will be made to a student’s housing assignment.
- Required to move out of residence hall the community is housed in. Please note that preferences for relocation (i.e room type, building, etc.) will be considered but the availability of preferences does not supersede the relocation.