To join an LLC, please go submit your Housing Application. You will see a page that asks you to select a First Year Experience Housing Option – select the Living Learning Community option. You must submit your housing application by May 1st!
You will be able to select one (1) LLC to apply to and, on the application, you will be asked to submit short answers (2000 characters or less) for 2 questions. The application does not need to be completed in one session as you can go back into your application and make changes throughout the spring; however, we want to provide you with the questions for each LLC so you can formulate your answers and copy/paste them into the application when you apply:
- Describe why you want to participate in the Arts LLC and how you plan to contribute to your LLC community.
- Outline what you hope to gain from your experience as a member of the Arts LLC at Mason.
- Describe what you hope to gain from your experience as a member of the Business LLC at Mason and how you plan to contribute to your LLC community (both in and out of the classroom.)
- What excites you about business and how your interest in business developed.
Engineering and Computing
- Describe why you want to participate and how you plan to contribute to your LLC community (both in and outside of the classroom.)
- Outline what you hope to gain from your experience as a member of a LLC at Mason.
Environment and Sustainability
- How does the Environment and Sustainability LLC relate to your academic interests and/or your future aspirations?
- What has your involvement been with environmentally related service and/or educational opportunities?
- No application required, simply choose the Honors option on the Housing option. (Please note you will only be able to live within the Honors LLC if you are a member of the Honors College.)
Leadership and Community Engagement
- What social issue are you most passionate about and why?
- What do you hope to gain from your participation in the Leadership and Community Engagement LLC? How do you plan to contribute to the Community?
- Describe the personal growth you are wanting for yourself in regards to learning and practicing mindfulness, stress management, and meditation skills, and positive psychology.
- Describe your ideal mindfulness community and one or two specific ways you will support an atmosphere of well-being within the Mindful Living LLC.
- What do you hope to gain out of being in the Outdoor Adventure LLC?
- What will you contribute to the Outdoor Adventure living learning community?
Each LLC has a limited number of spaces available in the residence halls and in the academic classes; for more information please visit the Communities pages and select the LLC that you are interested in. Questions about the LLC opportunities at Mason can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-993-8910. Any questions about the housing and LLC application can be directed to Office of Housing and Residence Life at email@example.com or 703-993-2720.
*Due to the high demand to live with their Honors peers, Honors College freshmen are automatically placed into the Honors LLC housed in the University Commons. Placement is based according to the date they successfully submit both their housing application and $300 deposit. No additional LLC application is required. Honors College freshmen are placed in the University Commons until it reaches capacity. Later applicants have the option to join another LLC or choose to live amongst the general freshmen population.